The 2010s were a decade of bold and exciting fashion trends. From the rise of athleisure to the resurgence of vintage styles, the fashion industry saw a lot of change and innovation over the past ten years. Thomas cook also have new fashion tresnds which are in trend these days. Here are some of the most memorable fashion trends of the decade:
- Athleisure: The 2010s saw the rise of athleisure, a trend that combines athletic and leisurewear. This trend was popularized by brands such as Lululemon and Athleta, and it quickly spread to mainstream fashion. Athleisure is characterized by comfortable, functional clothing such as leggings, sports bras, and hoodies that can be worn both to the gym and in casual settings.
- Normcore: Normcore emerged in the early 2010s as a reaction to the flashy, attention-seeking fashion of the previous decade. It’s characterized by simple, unassuming clothing items such as plain T-shirts, sweatpants, and dad sneakers. The trend is all about finding beauty in the ordinary and everyday, and emphasizes comfort and practicality over fashion statement.
- Streetwear: Streetwear was a popular trend throughout the decade, with designers and brands taking inspiration from street culture and youth subcultures. Streetwear encompasses a wide range of styles, but it is characterized by bold graphic tees, oversized sweatshirts, and statement sneakers. This trend has been popularized by brands such as Supreme and Off-White, and it has had a significant influence on both high fashion and street fashion.
- Vintage revival: The 2010s saw a resurgence of vintage styles, with designers and brands taking inspiration from the fashion of past decades. From the 1920s flapper dresses to the 90s grunge, fashion from the past was given a fresh new look, with vintage styles being adapted to modern times.
- Bold prints: The 2010s saw a surge of bold, statement prints in fashion. From abstract and geometric prints to bold florals and animal prints, this trend was seen across the spectrum of fashion from high-end to fast fashion. Brands like Gucci and Prada helped to popularize bold prints and patterns, and it continues to be a popular trend till today.
- Maxi dress: The maxi dress made a comeback in the 2010s, with designers and fashionistas alike embracing this versatile and comfortable trend. From bohemian-inspired styles to elegant evening wear, maxi dresses were a go-to for any occasion. This trend continues to be popular till today.
- Dad sneakers: Chunky, ‘ugly’ sneakers, or dad sneakers, as they’re often called, was a trend that started around 2017 and continues to be popular today. Brands like Balenciaga and Gucci helped to popularize this trend, and it has since become a staple in many fashionistas’ wardrobe
- Off the shoulder: Off-the-shoulder tops and dresses were a popular trend in the 2010s, with the look being embraced by celebrities and everyday fashion lovers alike. This trend was popularized by brands like Free People and Zara, and it continues to be a popular trend till today.
- Monochrome: The 2010s also saw a rise in monochromatic fashion. This trend is characterized by wearing one color head-to-toe, creating a sleek and sophisticated look. This trend started in high fashion, but it quickly spread to everyday fashion, with monochromatic outfits becoming a popular look for street style, office wear and special events.
- Culottes: Culottes, or wide-legged pants, were a popular trend in the 2010s, especially in the warmer seasons. They were seen as a more refined alternative to shorts, and they could easily be dressed up or down. Culottes became a wardrobe staple for many, and it continues to be a popular trend till today.
- Cropped Tops: In the 2010s, cropped tops had a significant resurgence as a fashion statement. These tops were popularized by celebrities and fashion influencers, and became a must-have for a lot of fashion lovers, especially in warmer weathers. Cropped tops can be paired with high waisted trousers, shorts, skirts and even jeans, making it a versatile item in the wardrobe.
- Chokers: Chokers, a simple but bold accessory, made a significant comeback in the 2010s. They were popularized by celebrities like Kylie Jenner and Rihanna, and it quickly spread to everyday fashion. Chokers come in a variety of styles, from delicate chains to velvet ribbons and can be dressed up or down, making it a popular choice of accessory.
- Flat Shoes: Flat shoes, such as loafers and mules, have become increasingly popular throughout the 2010s, as women opt for comfort and practicality over heels. Many designers began to create stylish and chic flat shoes, which has made it a popular trend among fashion lovers.
The 2010s were a decade of bold and exciting fashion trends, and these trends have continued to evolve and inspire fashion in the following decade as well. Fashion is constantly evolving, and these trends have stood the test of time and continue to be popular.